Ypsilanti Courier November 8, 2001: VFW to Dedicate M60 Tank. The M60 Patton Battle tank that has been permanently parked at VFW Post 2408 in Ypsilanti will be dedicated and named "Commander Bob" in a ceremony scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday.
The tank is being named for Bob Holloway, who was commander of the post when he died earlier this year. Mr. Holloway was instrumental in acquiring the tank for permanent exhibit at the Ypsilanti VFW Post.
The tank will be open and members of the public are invited to the dedication and to look inside the vehicle before it is permanently sealed.
The schedule for the dedication is as follows:
- Members of the Willow Run High School ROTC will post the colors.
- Post Commander Harold Lawson will deliver a welcome.
- The Rev. Keith Geiselman of the First Presbyterian Church will deliver the invocation.
- State Rep. Ruth Ann Jamnick and Ypsilanti Mayor Cheryl Farmer will speak.
- Lawson will speak.
- The Rev. Geiselman will lead a closing prayer.
- A rifle squad from the VFW will deliver a 21-gun salute.
- Ypsilanti resident Michelle Mitchell will play taps.
- a flag will be presented to Velda Holloway, widow of Mr. Holloway.
- Lawson will close the dedication ceremony.
Following the dedication there will be refreshments served in the post.