Normal School Gymnasium - 1894

  • In 1894 Michigan State Normal College built a new gymnasium and started a new major in physical education.

  • Wilber Bowen was appointed chairman of the program and was looking for ideas to help with the dedication ceremony.

  • Arrangements were made to have the first basketball game west of the Allegheny Mountains played in the new gym on May 18th, 1894.

BACK PAGE 39 CONTINUE